I know I already said it in my last post but I really want to have a discussion on Muslim Fiction. There’s a major shortage of Islamic Fiction, so idt that’s doable right now, I mean even Muslim Fiction is barely being established. A part of my mission with this blog is to sort of raise awareness and bring attention to some Muslim Fiction and build the readership to get book lovers and even casual readers or non-readers engaged with Muslim Fiction and Islamic Fiction.
A few days ago, I reviewed a book called Ayesha At Last, written by Uzma Jalaluddin. I’m still waiting for more interactions there and for people to pick up the book and discuss it. For now though, I want to talk about Muslim Fiction in general.
This isn’t one of my typical discussions though. I’m not going to say a lot or make a video for idk how many people to listen but not respond. This time, I want to hear from my audience. How ever many people see this post. I really value everyone’s input. So please contribute to this and let’s have a conversation.
1) Are you a reader/writer of Muslim fiction?
2) What are some Muslim fiction books you’ve read or heard about and want to read?
3) If you’re a writer/author of Muslim Fiction, what’s something you’d like to share about your works? (Published or currently in progress, doesn’t matter)
4) Who is your favorite Muslim fiction author? (Please keep it to Muslim fiction or Islamic fiction, not just a Muslim authored book)?
5) What’s something you’d like to see explored in Muslim fiction?
6) Why does Muslim Fiction matter to you, and if it doesn’t WHY NOT?
7) What got you into reading, and when did you discover Muslim Fiction?
8) What are your favorite genres when it comes to reading, and how do you think the Muslim writing community can work them into Muslim Fiction?
9) What are some ways you think readers can help Muslim authors to grow and expand the categories of Muslim and Islamic fiction?
10) Lastly, what are some Muslim fiction books you would recommend to me or anyone else?
Please tag any fellow readers/authors/bloggers/bookies out there and let’s have a discussion about this. Thank you in advance, everyone, and as always, Happy Reading!
As-Salaamu ‘Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh